Thursday, July 30, 2009

David J. Vanderpool

Although I do have some updated shots of my current works in progress I thought I'd take a break from blathering on about myself and put someone else in the spotlight for a change.
When I first started creating an on-line presence for myself and my work I was amazed by the wondrous variety of Art out there... much of which is never seen by a larger audience. I made contacts with a number of amazingly talented artists who were also trying to carve out a niche for themselves. One of those artists was David Vanderpool.

David's pencil drawings are, put simply, astounding. His sensitivity and attention to detail were in such contrast to my own work that I was immediately drawn to them. When we first started corresponding he was working as a graphic designer/illustrator for a publication. His aspirations were much higher however. Over the last few years he's put in a lot of time and effort towards making his Art a career outside the magazine/newspaper industry. His efforts paid off to some degree this year in the form of a beautiful book featuring his drawings and methods. You can check out and purchase his book here (http://www.lulu.com/content/4394828). His love of paper and pencil help to keep an old and largely ignored Art form alive.

I'll leave you with a few pics of some of my favorites from David's portfolio...

Until next time...


Cheers,

R




No comments: