Friday, January 6, 2012

What's In A Name Anyway?

Hey all.
I wanted to post a quick note letting people know that my domain, www.robreevesstudio.com, due to a cockup with my provider/host has been dropped and summarily picked up by a person in Japan.  One Kazuko Ishida.

Here is the WhoIs info:

Registrant:
   Kazuko Ishida
   6-6 Nishi 19 Jyo Minami 5 Chome
   Obihiroshi, 01 080-2469
   JP

   Registered through: Go Daddy
   Domain Name: ROBREEVESSTUDIO.COM
      Created on: 11-Jan-06
      Expires on: 15-Nov-12
      Last Updated on: 30-Dec-11

   Administrative Contact:
      Ishida, Kazuko  wataru@internal.co.jp
      6-6 Nishi 19 Jyo Minami 5 Chome
      Obihiroshi, 01 080-2469
      JP
      +1.55336344      Fax -- 

   Technical Contact:
      Ishida, Kazuko  wataru@internal.co.jp
      6-6 Nishi 19 Jyo Minami 5 Chome
      Obihiroshi, 01 080-2469
      JP
      +1.55336344      Fax -- 

   Domain servers in listed order:
      SNS25.WEBSITEWELCOME.COM
      SNS26.WEBSITEWELCOME.COM


I can only assume that since he's erected a bare-bones WordPress site on that domain that this is some weak-assed ploy to get me to buy the name back.  I'm sure I'm not the only one he's done this to.  I was considering a change anyway so this seems like the kick in the pants I was needing.  He can keep it.  Good luck to him.  He can kiss my lilly white arse.  


So for the meantime my personal website is down and my domain name is in flux.  If you've got any good ideas for a new one I'm all ears.  In the meantime I'm going to finish moving into my new place.  Take time for some careful consideration and start rebuilding.  Thankfully I keep a sync copy of my web site files so, in the end, nothing was lost.  

If you're interested in a painting feel free to contact me at RobReevesStudio@gmail.com.  Prints are still available online at ETSY.com and FineArtAmerica.com.  


Cheers,

R


No comments: