Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday Deadline

Here it is... Monday. An auspicious Monday to be certain. I'm submitting my Des Moines Art Festival image today. Hopefully they'll like what they see. I spent a lot of time on it this weekend and I'm proud of it. I've submitted it to the powers that be. My initial contacts love it so it's now just a matter of time. I'm looking forward to taking a couple of nights off and catching up on some sleep and/or R&R. Plus I'm sure the kids will appreciate the 'Daddy with no deadlines' thing. I enjoy the focus having deadlines provides, but they can make me a little surly. The boys are always there to help me lighten up or get my focus on other more important things like flying kites and working on getting my little one off his training wheels.

So here it is... my finished painting. I hope you enjoy it. I can't wait to see it blown up to it's full mural scale of 50'x20'. It's gonna look fantastic although part of me is just a tiny bit apprehensive. At that scale all of the little things come out. The things you never thought of... Like looking at your skin as reflected in one of those magnifying mirrors they use at cosmetics counters. But that's what I signed up for. It'll be nerve-wracking and liberating at the same time. I'll be on hand at the Des Moines Art Festival for the entire weekend (6/26-28) helping to get it assembled. Be sure to stop out. Grab a tile and add your touch to this interactive project!



Cheers,


R

No comments: