Friday, October 3, 2008

New Items up for Sale and My Love for Chi-Town

I went ahead and listed a few more items on my Etsy account. The first listing was a bit of a wakeup call telling me that getting more agressive with my marketing may just pay off. I've said it once and I'll say it about a thousand more times, I'd rather sell my work that sit on it. I like the idea that someone will hang this in a room in their home or office and take a minute from time to time to look at it and feel... something. My work, to me, is an extension of my being and maybe it's a bit narcissistic, but I like the idea that others get some enjoyment from it. Like Peter Gabriel said, "I Love to be Loved". I suppose it's the same for most artists.
So here they are:

All three paintings are of Chicago. What can I say? I heart Chicago. I've always had a great time in that town regardless of why I was there or what I was doing. It helps the the company I work for at my day job has an office there. As a result I get to visit on a semi-regular basis. Plus I have a fair number of friends that live there. It always helps to have friends. I find that more and more as I get older...
I have a customer that I'm waiting to hear back from that is wanting a sortof "best of" the Chicago skyline/landmarks. He's had a similar piece done of Sydney and I look forward to the challenge of matching... no, surpassing the wonderful job that artist did. Chi-town is extremely photogenic and lends itself to my style of painting. But I digress again.
Time to hit the studio. The paints, they call to me.
Wishing you all an excellent weekend.
R

1 comment:

carmackart said...

It's been a while since you posted this but I wanted to mention that these are some of my favorite pieces, especially the bottom 2.