Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A New Home

It's been a long time in coming, but I finally signed on for some studio space outside of my home. I've been debating it for a few months now as I'm looking to move out of my current house and into an apartment/condo/rental home... pretty much whatever I can find that suits my budget and appeals to me. No matter how I slice it odds are that I won't find something with a lot of room for studio space. I'm finding that as my kids grow the amount of space they require grows exponentially... no matter how tight I wrap them.

So I've signed on for some space at the up-and-coming Northland Studio. I was introduced to the space last week and really enjoyed what I saw. The space is monstrous with some great old features like exposed brick and massive timbers. The owner has agreed to build studio space to suit our needs. I'm looking forward to seeing how that goes. Granted the building is old... and all that that implies. I'm betting there will be issues with dust and snags with heating or something on that level. Additionally the owner rents some of the space to local bands. Your mileage may vary with that kind of thing. The last time I visited the building the band that was practicing was actually quite enjoyable: instrumental trip-rock. We'll see if the other acts pan out as well.

The westward side of the space features a great view of downtown. I've picked an eastward-facing space for the time being because of the size and availability. We'll see if I change my mind.

Interested in some space for yourself? Here: http://desmoines.craigslist.org/ats/1463767418.html


Cheers,

R

No comments: