Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Plethora of Progress


I've been busy.
I've been able to get a lot of work going lately. Sometimes the ideas have a way of coming out on their own.

I've been doing a lot of talking about changing things up and some of that involves ceasing to censor myself while I'm working. That pretty much means anything goes and that frame of mind has helped me to lighten up and paint whatever comes to me...

I've got some paying projects in progress, but sometimes you have to take a break and let go a bit. The commissioned work is a bit out of my norm in certain ways as well which is a good thing. The drawings have been much more detail oriented than I'm used to, but it's been a good exercise. I've had to pay more attention to detail... something I tend to let slide.

So here's the work: Some of it is finished. Some of it is not. Some of it is commissioned work. Some of it is studio work bound for the gallery. Some of it is personal.

One came from a dream I had when I was younger and one came from a strangely unsettling scene briefly glimpsed during a perilous drive through dense fog at an unappetizing hour.

Two of them are tributes by way of imitation of an influence, but they are still mine.



They are all mine... for now.


Cheers,

R

1 comment:

Kim said...

hi Rob
sensational work!!
your blog is now listed at TAD
thanks so much for the link back too :)
cheers Kim aka laketrees